Checking in from the Wintergreen Terrace, the top of the Niagara Glen and former riverbed where Niagara Falls fell 7000 years ago.
‘niagara falls’ posts
Checking in from the site of a water-powered grist and saw mill circa 1786, the first industrial use of the waters of the west bank of the Niagara River.
Checking in from the Ontario Power Screen House Walkway, a footbridge on the Greater Niagara Circle Route that crosses an early hydro forebay.
Checking in from the Ontario Power Generating Station Gate House, which controlled the flow to first major AC generator on the Canadian side of the Niagara river.
Checking in from the intake control gates at the entrance to the massive subterranean hydro tunnels supplying water to the Sir Adam Beck hydro stations
Checking in from the monument to inventor Nikola Tesla at the brink of Niagara Falls, where the War of the Currents was won.
Checking in from a former limestone mine on the Niagara gorge overlooking the whirlpool on the Niagara River, current lookout and endpoint for the Spanish Aero Car.
Checking in from a short trail with roots in Niagara’s hydroelectric history, dating from the construction of Sir Adam Beck II in the 1950s.
Checking in from the misplaced monument commemorating the old Pavilion Hotel, the first prestigious Niagara hotel which burned down twice, fought the Upper Canada rebellion, and housed a team of city founders.
Checking in from the historic Loretto Academy with Cathy Marie Buchanan, author of “The Day The Falls Stood Still.” Cathy shares her thoughts on planned redevelopment of the site.